WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY?
by Mary E. Lewis, copyright 2017,
copied from soon to be released book,
"This is My Son in Whom I Am Well Pleased: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John Listened"
Jesus was the first example of what a Christian should be. John is the best example of conversion. Out of all the disciples, John had the best understanding of who YaHavah is and our relationship to him as Christians through Jesus. All of John’s writings express his deep love and knowledge of YaHavah and Jesus, but for this page, I have chosen his three epistles.
They outline precisely what being a Christian is about
1JOHN 1 — The Blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, Cleanses Us From All Sin
- 1:1-10 — Our Fellowship Together With Father and Son
1JOHN 2 — Christ Is Our Friend and Advocate
- 2:4-11 — The Great Commandment
- 2:12-14 — You are Anointed
- 2:15-17 — Abstain from the World
- 2:18-23 — Beware of End Time Anti-Christ's
- 2:24-29 — Abide in YHVH and Hold Fast to His Truth
1JOHN 3 — Children of YaHavah, Love One Another
- 3:1-12 — Hereby We Know That We Are of the Truth
- 3:13-22 — Do What is Pleasing in the Sight of YaHavah
- 3:23-24 — Believe in What Jesus Did to Give You Life
1JOHN 4 — Testing the Spirit of Doctrines
- 4:1-21 — Protect the Truth, not Lies
1JOHN 5 — Overcoming the World
- 5:1-5 — His Commandments Are Not Burdensome
- 5:6-8 — These Bear Record in Heaven and Bear Witness on Earth
- 5:9-15 — The Witness of YHVH is Greater Than the Witness of Men
- 5:16-20 — Unforgivable Sin
- 5:21 — Keep Yourselves From Idols
2JOHN 1 — Walk According To His Commandments
- 1:1-13 — A Letter to the Twelve Tribes of Israel
3JOHN 1 — Walk in truth
- 1:1-14 — Love one another
The name YHVH (In Greek as Theos/in English as God) is mentioned 64 times in John’s first letter.
The more definitive instances that define what a Christian is are listed here:
1JOHN 1 — The Blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, Cleanses Us From All Sin
1:1-10 — Our Fellowship Together With Father and Son
- 1—That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the word of life; 2—(for the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and show to you that eternal life, which is in the Father, and is manifested to us;) 3—that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4—And these things we write to you, that your joy may be full.
- 5—This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare to you, that YHVH is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6—If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7—but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8—If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9—If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10—If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Verses one through three are about the living YaHavah and His son, Jesus. Living is the key. YaHavah and Jesus are real and alive. YaHavah is the true light and there is no darkness of sin in him. The gods that people trusted their lives to were nothing but lifeless stone, wood, metal, or clay. Those gods and idols had no power to do anything in the lives of the people, no matter how much they believed in them. They remain in the sin they were born with. Only the blood of Jesus can wash away that sin.
1JOHN 2 — Christ Is Our Friend and Advocate
2:1-3 — Approved of YHVH
- 1—My little children, these things I write to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2—and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world. 3—And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
A person who is born again — approved of YHVH — is released from the sin of Adam. “Do not sin,” means to test the spirit of everything thought, heard, or seen before acting on it. Is it of the righteousness of YHVH or the sin and deception of Satan? Knowing who you are as a Christian is the key to not falling into his deception.
2:4-11 — The Great Commandment
- 4—He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5—But whoso keeps his word; in him, in truth, is the (agape) love of YHVH perfected: hereby know that we are in him. 6—He that said he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 7—Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you have heard from the beginning.
- 8—Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shines. 9—He that said he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now. 10—He who loves his brother as a friend abides in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. 11—But he that hates his brother is in darkness, and walks in darkness, and knows not where he goes, because that darkness has blinded his eyes.
When Jesus was asked, “what is the great commandment in the Law?” He replied with, (Mt. 22) “You shall love YHVH your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38—This is the first and great commandment. 39—And the second [is] like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40—On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
This commandment is not addressing the flesh and bone body. The heart, soul, and mind is the life and mobility of the physical house in which the spirit is temporarily housed. Flesh and bone goes back to the elements of the earth, while the spirit continues to exist, whether to be in the presence of YaHavah or condemned to hell for not listening to all the truth of the first and second coming of Jesus Christ. Satan lies and twists the truth to tempt humans into sin, but YaHavah’s anointing teaches his truth from the Bible to shut Satan’s lying mouth.
2:12-14 — You are Anointed
- 12—I write to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his names sake. 13—I write to you, fathers, because you have known him [that is] from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, because you have known the Father. 14—I have written to you, fathers, because you have known him [that is] from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of YHVH abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one.
Of the children: Your sins are forgiven for his names sake, because you have known the Father
(Anointed in the Spirit of YHVH through the blood of Jesus Christ).
Of the fathers: Because you have known him that is from the beginning.
(Anointed in the Spirit of YHVH)
Of the young men: You have overcome the wicked one, because you are strong, and the word of YHVH abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one.
(Anointed in the Spirit of YHVH; which is to receive the same anointing as Jesus with the seven spirits of YHVH:
Is. 11:2 - the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and strength, the spirit
of knowledge and of the fear of YHVH.)
Please note that the bolded words below are the seven spirits of YaHavah named in Isaiah 11:1-2, used in Proverbs and used by the Apostles in their teaching.
Adam started his life having access to YaHavah’s wisdom and knowledge, which he used in naming all the plants and animals. Fellowship with YaHavah also implies his counsel and understanding. The human spirit must have YaHavah’s counsel and understanding to learn how to live by his standards. Adam lived a good life under YaHavah’s standards, until another influence tempted him and he failed to fear YaHavah. The strength to overcome Satan’s temptations is in the Spirit of YaHavah through Jesus. This paragraph demonstrates the grace of YaHavah in bestowing true believers with his seven spirits so they can live in his righteousness, and overcome the sin imposed upon humankind by Adam’s error and Satan’s subtle and cunning lies. To be in the Spirit anointing is to be part of the Kingdom of Heaven.
2:15-17 — Abstain from the World
- 15—Do not be a friend of the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man is a friend of the world, the (agape) love of the Father is not in him. 16—For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17—And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of YHVH abides forever.
The lusts of the world are the exact opposite of a deep and abiding love for Jesus and YaHavah. These verses give a new strength of meaning to, "you can't take it with you." You not only can't take it with you, you can't live with it here, either. Do not let these lusts become the core and purpose of your life. Their fruit will rot your life.
2:18-23 — Beware of End Time Anti-Christs
- 18—Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many anti-Christ’s; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19—They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20—But you have anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
- 21—I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22—Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist that denies the Father and the Son.
- 23—Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father: [he that acknowledges the Son has the Father, also].
There are two kinds of people, anointed or not anointed. Christ means anointed. To be anointed, one must be for and approved of YaHavah. Anti-Christ means against the anointing, which is against everything about YaHavah and Jesus. Jesus is the Christ. He is the promised and prophesied anointed Son of YaHavah. All who believe the whole truth of Jesus can be called true Christians. Those who believe, then turn away, are apostate and antichrist; they do not have the love of the Father in them. The seeds of truth fell on rocky soil and sprouted, only to die because the truth was choked out of them by weeds, lack of the water of the word, and rocks. Anyone who calls themselves Christian and tries to live by false doctrine is not Christian--is not anointed in the Spirit--is not accepted of YaHavah--is anti-Christ.
2:24-29 — Abide in YHVH and Hold Fast to His Truth
- 24—Let that therefore abide in you, which you have heard from the beginning. If that which you have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, you also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
- 25—And this is the promise that he has promised us; eternal life. 26—These [things] have I written to you concerning them that seduce you. 27—But the anointing which you have received of Him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but this same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as He has taught you, you shall abide in Him.
- 28—And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 29—If you know that he is righteous, you know that every one that does righteousness is born through him.
Verse 27 is simple, yet powerful. The anointing that teaches you all things is YaHavah. Your true teacher is YaHavah. The resource for his teaching is the Judeo/Christian Bible that has survived the ravages of time since Moses began its record. I know it looks like I'm yelling at my readers, but I just want to make sure you see and understand verse 27.
The most prominent of all the lusts of the world is from the false holy spirit of the Trinity doctrine. To invite that spirit into your life is an open invitation for Satan to teach you his lies. Fear YaHavah, not your peers. Denial of the Trinity will bring hatred on you from those you thought were brothers and sisters in Christ. They will not love you they way they are commanded to love you. Only those who are in YaHavah and have his understanding will know this is true.
In John 3:3, Jesus said “you must be born again to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.” In John’s first epistle, he refers to being born again as the anointing. This is the anointing in the Spirit of YaHavah. Isaiah 11:1-2 defines it as the anointing in the seven spirits of YaHavah promised to the Branch who is from the root of Jesse. Jesus received that anointing after being baptized in the Jordan River. The promise of the same seven spirit anointing for believers was given in Revelation 5:6.
The seven spirits of YaHavah war against the seven opposite spirits of Satan.
This is the Bible's system for testing the spirit of everything. Use the Bible and Spirit.
The fruit will reveal which side anything is on.
“As Jesus stood before his father having completed his earthly mission, the seven spirits in which he was anointed was sent out into the earth to anoint all true believers who love YaHavah with all their heart, mind, and soul. It is their love (generated by their faith and obedience) for YaHavah and Jesus that warrants their anointing in the seven spirits of YaHavah. The seven eyes on the lamb are the seven spirits in which he was anointed.”
- (Revelation 5:6) 6—And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the Four Living Creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of YHVH sent forth into all the earth.
The Comforter was sent out into the world after Jesus ascended into heaven. There are many connections in the Bible concerning this anointing that have not been, nor are currently, taught from the pulpit or in seminaries. This lack of teaching is to the shame of theologians who profess great knowledge of the Bible. The seven spirits are also in Proverbs 8 that tells of their value and from whom they come. His name is YaHavah, who refers to himself here as wisdom. He is the Father of the One who gave his life so every true believer may receive this anointing, Jesus.
- (Proverbs 8:8-12) — 8—All the words of my mouth [are] in righteousness; [there is] nothing forward or perverse in them. 9—They [are] all plain to him that understands, and right to them that find knowledge. 10—Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11—For wisdom [is] better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
- 12—I wisdom dwell with prudence, and expose cunning wickedness. 13—The fear of YHVH [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the forward mouth, do I hate. 14—Counsel [is] mine, and sound wisdom: I [am] understanding; I have strength. 15—By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16—By me princes rule, and nobles, [even] all the judges of the earth. 17—I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. 18—Riches and honor [are] with me; [yea], durable riches and righteousness. 19—My fruit [is] better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. 20—I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: 21—that I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
John said the anointing teaches you so that you need not be taught by any man. Every good thing I have learned in my study of the Bible has been taught to me by the anointing in the Spirit of YaHavah. YaHavah, himself, is the personal teacher of his word for each believer; many thousands or millions at the same time in different topics. And that is the BIG picture of who YaHavah is to each person. He promised and his promises are true and faithful. He told Paul, his grace is sufficient. We need only to have the love and faith to balance with his grace and anything is possible in the will of YaHavah. For just a few minutes Peter walked on water with Jesus until doubt overcame him and he sank and had to be pulled out. Don’t be seduced into doubting.
1JOHN 3 — Children of YaHavah, Love One Another
3:1-12 — Hereby We Know That We Are of the Truth
- 1—Behold, what manner of (agape) love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of YHVH: therefore, the world knows us not, because it does not know him. 2—Beloved, we are now the sons of YHVH, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3—And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
- 4—Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5—And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6—Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins has not seen him, neither known him. 7—Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8—He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sinned from the beginning. For this purpose, the Son of YHVH was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
- 9—Whosoever is born of YHVH does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of YHVH. 10—In this the children of YHVH are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of YHVH, neither is he a friend to his brother. 11—For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should be a friend to one another. 12—Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And why did he slew him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.
John is a hard act to follow. The depth of his love for YaHavah and Jesus is so great, that when I read his writings, I feel like I am in a dinghy in the middle of the ocean, not in despair, but with a heart so full it feels like it will explode because I know YaHavah is there with me. The expanse of John’s understanding is incomprehensible, and yet it is there for each true believer to have and hold in the bonds of love and faith. Hereby we know that we are of the truth.
3:13-22 — Do What is Pleasing in the Sight of YaHavah
- 13—Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14—We know that we have passed from death to life, because we are friends of the brethren. He who is not a friend to [his] brother abides in death.
- 15—Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 16—Hereby perceive us the (agape) love [of YHVH], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren. 17—But whoso has this world’s good, and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwells the (agape) love of YHVH in him? 18—My little children, let us not be friends in word, neither in tongue; but in works and in truth.
- 19—And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20—For if our heart condemn us, YHVH is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21—Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward YHVH. 22—And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
John’s reference to death in verse 14 is the sin condition of this world. The world will be destroyed, but those who are now residents of the Kingdom of Heaven will live on. For now, they live in the world but not of the world. Entrance into the Kingdom is not by works alone, but by love and faith for YaHavah in keeping his commandments.
3:23-24 — Believe in What Jesus Did to Give You Life
- 23—And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and be friends to one another, as he gave us commandment. 24—And he that keeps his [YHVH’s] commandments dwells in him [YHVH], and he [YHVH] in him. And hereby we know that he abides in us, by Yah’s Spirit which he has given us.
1JOHN 4 — Testing the Spirit of Doctrines (See seven spirit table)
4:1-21 — Protect the Truth, not Lies
- 1—Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits whether they are of YHVH: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2—By this you know the Spirit of YHVH: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of YHVH: 3—and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh is not of YHVH: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now it is in the world.
- 4—You are of YHVH, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5—They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world hears them. 6—We are of YHVH: he that knows YHVH hears us; he that is not of YHVH hears not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
- 7—Beloved, let us be friends to one another: for (agape) love is of YHVH; and everyone who is a friend is born of YHVH, and knows YHVH. 8—He who is not a friend does not know YHVH; for YHVH is (agape) love. 9—In this was manifested the (agape) love of YHVH toward us, because that YHVH sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10—Herein is (agape) love, not that we are friends to YHVH, but that he is friend to us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
- 11—Beloved, if YHVH is a friend to us, we ought also to be friends to one another. 12—No man has seen YHVH at any time. If we are friends to one another, YHVH dwells in us, and his (agape) love is perfected in us. 13—Hereby we know that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he has given us of Yah’s Spirit. 14—And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Savior of the world. 15—Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of YHVH, YHVH dwells in him, and he in YHVH.
- 16—And we have known and believed the (agape) love that YHVH has to us. YHVH is (agape) love ; and he that dwells in (agape) love dwells in YHVH, and YHVH in him. 17—Herein is our (agape) love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18—There is no fear in (agape) love; but perfect (agape) love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in (agape)love.
- 19—We are friends to him, because he first was friend to us. 20—If a man said, I am a friend of YHVH, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he who is not a friend to his brother whom he has seen, how can he be a friend of YHVH whom he has not seen? 21—And this commandment have we from him, that he who is a friend of YHVH is a friend to his brother also.
Most Christians claim the title of Christian, yet they do not know the meaning of this word. They are of the world because they have not received the true anointing in the true Spirit of YHVH. The brothers and sisters of a false anointing are of the world. The world is not a friend to any who live in the true righteousness of YaHavah and Jesus, yet many seem to think it is.
A false anointing has existed in the church for nearly 2,000 years. Incarnate god, December 25 (winter solstice), Sunday worship, and triune gods all belong to the worship of Mithra, the Persian Zoroastrian sun-god religion. It was brought to Jerusalem in the days of Daniel and the Jerusalem captivity by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. The Medes and Persians came after him, insuring the continuance of Mithra, then the Greeks who also continued the belief of Mithra through Antiochus IV, Epiphanes. In the fourth century AD, the Roman Emperor, Constantine summoned the Roman Catholic Church to the Councel at Nicaea to settle a difference among believers who denied Jesus was a god. There, the church agreed to divide YaHavah into two persons (YaHavah is wholly Spirit and spirit cannot be divided like spirit from flesh and bone), to celebrate Jesus’ birth on December 25 (the winter solstice and birthday of Mithra, the Zoroastrian sun-god), to call Jesus an incarnate god (the sun-god, Mithra), and worship him on Sunday (or sun-day to worship the sun). Were the church leaders aware of these things being of pagan origin? No one can know. The facts and evidence of history and prophecy do not lie. It happened whether the church was against paganism or not. There were factions that encouraged these things to become church creed. They were not friends of YaHavah and Jesus because they received deceptions from Satan and his minions.
Today, believers can hear the truth and will probably fear letting go of the lies they laid claim too. They hide themselves in the unstable creeds of their many denominations, turning from the stability of YaHavah's truth and commandments. Most online statements of faith by traditional churches and non-traditional churches contain the Trinity doctrine. They ignorantly cling to beliefs that belong to a pagan sun-god, not realizing that the Trinity's incarnate god is the sun-god, Mithra. This ancient god took the place of Jesus, or I should say took the name of Jesus by ignorant permission of early Church fathers. This is only one of Satan's great deceptions imposed on Christianity. Satan's false holy spirit in the Trinity doctrine is another. Satan's crimes against humanity are increasing daily with permission from those who believe lies to be truth.
THSA! Also mentioned in Chapter 2. THSA—test the spirit of what you Think, Hear, and See before Acting on it to see if it is of YaHavah or the deceiver.
1JOHN 5 — Overcoming the World
5:1-5 — His Commandments Are Not Burdensome
- 1—Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ conceived of YHVH, even whoever loves his Father also loves the Son conceived of Him. 2—By this we know that we love the Son of YHVH, when we love YHVH and keep his commandments.
- 3—For this is the (agape) love of YHVH, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome.
- 4—For whosoever is born of YHVH overcomes the world and this is the victory that overcomes the world; our faith. 5—Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of YHVH.
Jesus has nothing to do with the Zoroastrian sun-god Mithra or sun-worship. He is the legitimate human son of YaHavah: born sinless because his father is the sinless and righteous YaHavah, not Adam, whose sin is continued through every human father to every living soul. Jesus is the true light and life by the Spirit of YaHavah, not light from a physical sun that was created by YaHavah in the beginning.
5:6-8 — These Bear Witness in Heaven and Bear Witness on Earth
- 6—This is he that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. Moreover, it is Yah’s Spirit that bears witness, because Yah’s Spirit is truth. 7—For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, his word, and his Holy Spirit: and these three are one. 8—And there are three that bear witness in earth, Yah’s Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three are one.
There are many denominational understandings for these verses. The difficulty in understanding them makes it all the more important to rely on Bible context regarding the purpose of the first and second coming of Jesus Christ, represented by the words, Yah’s Spirit, and the water, and the blood.
Verse six confirms that Jesus is the anointed Son of YHVH. He was conceived (blood kinship to YHVH) by the power of YHVH’s Spirit, was anointed (baptized in the water of YHVH’s Spirit) and lived in the power of YHVH’s Spirit (he spoke and acted on the commands of his Father), was resurrected by the power of YHVH’s Spirit, and then ascended to be glorified in heaven, YHVH’s Spirit manifested to the disciples on the Day of Pentecost as promised.
Verse seven confirms that YHVH’s word is literally his spoken word and his Spirit is literally his omnipresent person. YHVH asked the prophet Jeremiah, 23—[Am] I Elohim at hand, said YHVH, and not Elohim afar off? 24—Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? —Said YHVH. Do I not fill heaven and earth? —Said YHVH. (Jer. 23:23-24) How can YHVH do this if not by his own omnipresent Spirit?
In other words, Father, his Spirit, and his spoken words are all one inseparable package. Inseparable means they cannot be divided into three separate beings as the Trinity doctrine implies.
The Father is YHVH who spoke all into creation by the power of his omnipotent and omnipresent Spirit (He fills heaven and earth—Jeremiah). His spoken word promised the birth of his Son, Jesus, and made it so at his appointed time.
Verse eight confirms the witness of Father’s presence on earth by the pouring out of his Spirit anointing (water as rain) and YHVH’s kinship (bloodline) to Jesus. The manifestation of YHVH’ blood kinship to Jesus and Spirit anointing cannot be separated from YHVH, they are a package deal.
These three verses have a cloud of controversy hovering over them because verse seven is incorrectly claimed as proof text for the Trinity doctrine. Is the water that of baptism or of Spirit baptism? Is the blood that of the sacrifice of Christ or of kinship? The Greek root word translated to water, literally means rain or shower. The imagery is consistent with OT prophecies concerning the outpouring of Yah’s Spirit in the latter times and with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Water is a double witness for Jesus’ anointing in Yah’s Spirit (Isaiah 11:1-2) at the start of his ministry and the outpouring of Yah’s Spirit after he ascended into heaven. (Revelation 5:6) The Greek word haima is translated to blood which can be understood as either bloodshed or kindred. All of these Bible references show the context of verses 1-8 to be testimony for Jesus being the son of YHVH, therefore the witness of blood is the kinship of Father and Son, which in turn makes the Son free of the sin of Adam and worthy to die for our salvation. The blood then, doubles the power of the witness on earth.
5:9-15 — The Witness of YHVH is Greater Than the Witness of Men
- 9—If we receive the witness of men, the witness of YHVH is greater: for this is the witness of YHVH which he has testified of his Son. 10—He that believes on the Son of YHVH has the witness in himself: he that believes not YHVH has made him a liar; because he believes not the record that YHVH gave of his Son. 11—And this is the record, that YHVH has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12—He that has the Son has life; [and] he that has not the Son of YHVH has not life.
- 13—These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of YHVH; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of YHVH. 14—And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us: 15—and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Verse nine is powerful. The witness of men is a false witness of a false holy spirit. The witness of YaHavah and his Son, Jesus is greater than Satan’s imitation. When John writes of the glorification of Jesus after his ascension in Revelation 5, he tells of the release of the Comforter. The Comforter is the Spirit of YaHavah who came to Jesus’ tweleve diciples on the Day of Pentecost. Revelation 5:6 has been withheld from believers by false doctrines. Many are Christian in name only because they have believed those false doctrines and so do not have the witness of the indwelling true Spirit of YaHavah. They have not heard of the Spirit anointing or they have not believed it as taught by Jesus. In either case, to be a true Christian means to have the anointing of the true Spirit of YaHavah; to be born again and bear the fruit of their love for Father and Son. Christians in name only have no life in YaHavah and will suffer the same end judgment as all sinners who rejected Jesus and did not listen to the Spirit of YaHavah.
5:16-20 — Unforgivable Sin
- 16—If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not to death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not to death. There is a sin to death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17—All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not to death. 18—We know that whosoever is born of YHVH sins not; but he that is begotten of YHVH keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not. 19—[And] we know that we are of YHVH, and the whole world lies in wickedness.
- 20—And we know that the Son of YHVH is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true YHVH, and eternal life.
Beware preachers and Seminary teachers! You will be judged by what you teach your sheep. Beware people, you will be judged by what you listen to and obey.
The sin John is referring to as unforgivable is that of blasphemy of the Spirit of YHVH recorded in Matthew 12:32— 31—wherefore I say to you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men: but blasphemy (irreverence) [against] the [Holy] Spirit shall not be forgiven to men. 32—And whosoever speaks a word against the sons of men, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, and neither in the [world] to come.
Listening to a false holy spirit is blasphemy to the true Spirit of YaHavah. How many millions who believe in the Trinity's false holy spirit think they are saved? Deception does not save. Dividing the one person of YaHavah into two persons as the Father and Spirit of the Trinity is the height of blasphemy. To call Jesus an incarnate god is equal to it. To blaspheme either is to blaspheme both.
5:21 — Keep Yourselves From Idols
- 21—Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
“Little children, keep yourselves from idols.” In the first century, pagan idols (gods) were in every household. This is a warning to not get caught up in Satan’s pagan deceptions represented by its idols. (How a Pagan God infiltrated Christianity ) This verse is about not being overtaken by the doctrines of pagan gods no matter how similar to the doctrines of Jesus they may seem. Even so, pagan gods did infiltrate the Roman Catholic Church of the second through the fourth centuries when it allowed the Roman Emperor, Constantine the Great to convene and oversee the council of Nicaea. This is when a pagan god officially became part of the Church by command of the creed devised by that council. This is when the pagan belief of a god incarnate inflicted a deadly blow on Christianity. The word, Christ, means anointed in the Spirit of YaHavah. A true Christian is anointed in the Spirit of YaHavah. Jesus fulfilled several prophecies when he was anointed in the Spirit of YaHavah after he stepped out of the Jordan River at his baptism. There is no other God in heaven but YaHavah. Jesus could not have been incarnated by a god who does not exist. Neither could YaHavah become his own son. (Makes me think of Little Jimmy Dickens of Nashville’s “Grand Ole Opry,” who made famous the song, “I’m My Own Grampa.”)
God incarnation is a pagan doctrine. (Read the story of Simon the Magician in Acts 8 in the Word of YHVH Bible or click here)
2JOHN — Walk According To His Commandments
1:1-13 — A Letter to the Twelve Tribes of Israel
- 1—The elder to the elect lady and her children, to whom I am a friend in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; 2—for the truths sake, which dwells in us, and shall be with us forever. 3—Grace be with you, mercy, [and] peace, from YHVH the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and (agape) love.
- 4—I rejoiced greatly that I found of your children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
- 5—And now I beseech you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we had from the beginning, that we are friends one to another. 6—And this is (agape) love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, that, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
- 7—For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8—Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
- 9—Whosoever transgresses, and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, has not YHVH. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ, he has both the Father and the Son. 10—If there come any to you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him a greeting: 11—for he that bids him a greeting is partaker of his evil deeds. 12—Having many things to write to you, I would not [write] with paper and ink: but I trust to come to you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
- 13—The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen.
John’s letter is a bit cryptic. He closes the letter as children of your elect sister, so it would seem that the elect lady and her children are Jews who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. This is much like the Song of Solomon addressing Jews as the bride and her sisters are Christians; only these Jews have awakened to receive the bridegroom. John commends them for following the great commandment to love YHVH with all their heart, mind, and soul and their brethren as themselves. This act is what opened their hearts to YaHavah’s love and their minds to His wisdom in receiving His son, Jesus. He reminds them that if any come to them who do not obey this command, they should take caution not to receive them into their house. Fellow Jews who have not received Jesus might well turn the hearts of these converts away from YaHavah’s grace and back to the Law.
There are a growing number of churches who have gone back to the Laws of Moses and deny Jesus as the son of YaHavah.
3JOHN — Walk in truth
1:1-14 — Love one another
- 1—The elder to the well beloved Gaius, to whom I am a friend in the truth. 2—Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. 3—For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, even as you walk in the truth. 4—I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
- 5—Beloved, you do faithfully whatsoever you do to the brethren, and to strangers; 6—which have borne witness of your (agape) love before the church: whom if you bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, you shall do well: 7—because that for his names sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles. 8—We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellow helpers to the truth.
- 9—I wrote to the church: but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, receives us not. 10—Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither does he himself receive the brethren, and forbids them that would, and casts [them] out of the church. 11—Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that does good is of YHVH: but he that does evil has not seen YHVH.
- 12—Demetrius has good report of all and of the truth itself: yea, and we [also] bear record; and you know that our record is true. 13—I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write to you: 14—but I trust I shall shortly see you, and we shall speak face to face. Peace [be] to you. [Our] friends salute you. Greet the friends by name.
It seems that Gaius and Demetrius are doing well in walking in truth and love; while the man named Diotrephes is not. John warns his friends in Christ not to follow such evil as done by Diotrephes. He commends those who continue in the peace of Jesus and take nothing of the Gentiles to turn their hearts toward evil.